University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Department: Engineering Services
Location: UI Health Care, Iowa City, IA
Become a member of our Engineering Services team that is changing medicine and changing lives! The Engineering Services Department supports the Mission and Values for the University of Iowa Healthcare System through the management and coordination of the following services:
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, equipment and furnishes. Management of renovation and repair of non-capital projects
- Exterior and interior landscape services including snow and ice removal
- Maintain interior finishes of campus
- Management of environmental monitoring of patient and non-patient areas and equipment
- Manufactures and installs local signage.
- Maintains and repairs doors and doors hardware.
- Manages and maintains one of the largest pneumatic tube systems in the world.
- Under general supervision, is responsible for security of all building doors, safes, vaults, files and locking devices, and grand master key systems through installation, maintenance and repair of a wide range of locking mechanisms and related hardware
- Repair, trouble shoot, and replace touch pad entry systems, including programming
- Re-key locks, install locks, repair locks, and perform preventative maintenance
- Install and repair electrified hardware, including panics and mortise locks
- Install and repair electrified auto doors operators that are tied into life safety devices
- Read blueprints and schematics
- Additional duties as required
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Four years of experience in the trade, including apprenticeship
- Prefer applicant to have knowledge of local key control building codes
- Prefer knowledge of pinning cores
- Prefer applicant to demonstrate excellent customer service
- Prefer computer skills (email, Excel, and Word)
Apply online at: https://uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/locksmith-engineering-services-university-of-iowa-hospitals-and-clinics-3887
For more information on living and working at the University of Iowa please see https://jobs.uiowa.edu/working-at-iowa
For questions or additional information, please contact Jayne Nelson (319-467-8079 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services, (319) 335-2660 or email@example.com. For jobs in UI Health care, please contact UI Health care Leave & Disability Administration at 319-356-7543.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g28thq2vww4759gn
Location/Region: Iowa City, IA