Safety & Industrial Hygiene Officers
Department of Homeland Security DHS - Federal Emergency Management
Disaster Safety & Health Officer (Intermittent work, part time, multiple openings). The Department of Homeland Security DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) seeks Safety & Health Officers to travel to Federally Declared disaster locations throughout the nation.
- The incumbent would be responsible for managing occupational safety and health programs for employees responding to support disaster response and recovery operations throughout the U.S and U.S Territories.
- Travel requirements in support of disaster response and recover operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months at a time), with long hours and little advance notice.
- Salary is compensable to experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Safety and Health (i.e. Safety & Health Management, fire, industrial hygiene and environmental health).
- Experience and knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards
- Ability to conduct OSH site inspections and safety training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Interviews will only be held in the advertising cities.
If you enjoy traveling and want a sense of professional fulfillment and meet the qualifications above, please apply now.
Location/Region: New York, NY