Community Development DirectorTown of Altavista
Community Development Director
The Town of Altavista is seeking a career-minded, dynamic, energetic, highly motivated individual for the position of Community Development Director. This position will direct, manage and coordinate the activities and operations of the town Community Development Department. This individual provides a full range of management, administrative and field services in order to maintain and implement the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan and sections of the Altavista Town Code. The position fills the following roles; Planning Director, Zoning Administrator, Subdivision Agent, Transit Director, Code Compliance Officer and Development Director. Work also involves serving as technical advisor to the Town Manager, Town Council, Planning Commission, and Board of Zoning Appeals.
- The employee is responsible for preparing the department's proposed budget and monitoring expenditures; as well as oversight of the Town's Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- The employee is also responsible for the compilation of monthly and special reports
- The employee must exercise tact and firmness in dealing with the public, volunteers, developers, contractors, and public officials
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in public administration, or related field ad considerable (3+ years) in municipal government, or equivalent combination and experience
- Specialized technical training in zoning, planning and code enforcement preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to make presentations to various audiences and good communication skills
Salary will depend upon qualifications and position includes benefits.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.