Senior Admissions Recruiter
Sweet Briar College is a liberal arts college for women of consequence, located in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains approximately 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 54 miles south of Charlottesville. Founded in 1901, the College boasts a modern core curriculum focused on womens leadership in the 21st century and undergraduate programs in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as a Master of Arts in Teaching. It is one of only two womens colleges in the United States with an ABET-accredited engineering degree. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sweet Briar College is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.
Reports to: Senior Director Enrollment Management
Job Summary/Objective: The Office of Admissions is seeking goal-oriented, self-motivated recruitment professionals to be part of the Colleges objective to double its enrollment over the next six years. The Admissions Associate will contribute creatively to a high performance team that delivers a personalized admissions experience for each prospective student and family. The Admissions Associate will establish strong relationship networks with school counselors, community organizations, and other key contacts that lead to the identification of best-match students for the College. The Admissions Associate will help ensure that every prospective student receives a best-in-class visit experience and will serve as a concierge to students and families at every stage of the admissions process. Admissions Associates are the frontline sales and relationship-building force of the College and contribute their efforts to build a dynamic and successful enrollment team. Positivity, responsibility, communication, and organization are key skills for success in this role.
Our team is committed to helping professionals grow and develop, and is seeking individuals who want to apply their skills and energy to meaningful work. Sweet Briar College is a success story built on dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission and to impacting the future by making a difference in the lives of women.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours: Full-time, works extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Ability to work nights and weekends required.
Supervisory Responsibility: Student Workers
- Create and execute an effective communication strategy within an assigned geographic territory to deliver a highly personalized enrollment experience for each prospective student and family
- Achieve assigned goals for applications, visitors, and enrolled students
- Develop a portfolio of relationships with schools and community organizations that lead to referrals and recommendations of good fit students
- Present persuasively to external audiences (e.g., prospective applicants, their parents and high school guidance counselors) on the merits of a Sweet Briar College education.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, etc.
- Utilize CRM software and dashboarding tools to ensure timely and consistent phone, text, and email outreach to prospective students.
- Utilize project management skills to successfully carry out assigned special projects.
- Represent the College professionally in all settings.
- Contribute creativity, energy, and enthusiasm to a dynamic and positive team with a goal-oriented culture of success.
Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, including 3 years of recruiting, sales, coaching, or marketing
- Bachelors degree required
- Broad knowledge of sales, marketing, or recruitment techniques.
- Sound business and communication knowledge
- High level of systems proficiency including Microsoft Office products; prior experience with ELUCIAN (BANNER) System is a plus
Required Professional Attributes:
- The Admissions Associate position is a performance-based role. Associates will be evaluated semi-annually on their progress towards individual goals for visitors, applications, and enrolled students.
- The Admissions Associate is expected to adjust schedule as needed to reach goals.
- The Admissions Associate must be able to effectively adapt communication style, method and level of detail to the needs of others. Acts as a role model by being able to work comfortably with people of differing work-styles, backgrounds, cultures, ages and gender.
- The Admissions Associate sets personal and professional goals that support broader work group goals. Gives credit and recognition to work group member's contributions when objectives are met, and makes suggestions to enhance work efficiencies.
Work Environment: Traditional office environment, primarily indoors.
Physical Demands: Extensive computer use required; extended periods of sitting/standing may be required.
Travel: Up to 20% for travel and/or conference attendance or training
Relocation: Limited reimbursement of moving; rental housing potentially available on campus.
Deadline for Submission: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.