Inpatient Counselor, (FT/ Shift Varies)NMMC-Behavioral Health-Tupleo
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Mental Health
Posted on December 12, 2021
- Counseling: Provide case management and individual and group counseling services to patients.
- Patient Interviewing: Conducts patient and family interviews in a professional and thorough manner.
- Patient Teaching: Presents educational modules to enhance patient communication skills, coping skills, assertive behavior, etc.
- Treatment Planning: Attends staff meetings and participates in the formulation of treatment and discharge plans.
- Charting: Monitors, measures, and documents patient progress during treatment.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling or related field.
- Must hold or be eligible for professional licensure; i.e. LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, or LPC.
- Two years' clinical experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting is highly desirable.
- The incumbent must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to work with adult and geriatric patients.