Field Engineer/Construction Inspector
Field Engineer/Construction Inspector – Based in Lynchburg, VA
~ Full-Time Position ~ DOWNEY & SCOTT, LLC Construction Management Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of professionals in delivering critical construction inspection services for our clients. The selected candidate will provide Field Engineer/Construction Inspection services on public and private sector projects in and around Lynchburg, Virginia to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with the building code and other applicable requirements.
*1099 contract employees will be considered
Description of Position
The ideal applicant will have a solid background in public sector / commercial construction with the following:
• 5+ years of construction inspection services for commercial building projects
• Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and enforce contract documents
• Excellent communication skills, keen attention to detail, quality control, and demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to think strategically, plan, problem-solve and collaborate with Senior project team members
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project, and Excel
• Valid Driver's License with an insurable driving record
• High School or College Graduate
• Considerable knowledge of construction trades and building codes
• Ability to interpret and apply codes and standards
• Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with all project stakeholders
• Ability to identify deficiencies in building components through visual inspection and description of operational problems
• Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Highly Preferred: Police and Public Safety project experience
• Safety-related certifications – OSHA 30, OSHA 10, First Aid, PPE, CSET, Asbestos awareness
• B-2 Commercial Inspector and Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector (VA) Certification
• Participate in construction progress meetings and assist in periodic client updates
• Perform onsite observations, project record-keeping, progress reports, and related documentation
• Work closely with Senior Project Managers
• Perform quality control onsite
• Analyze and interpret contract documents
• Build and maintain client relationships
The position will be based out of Lynchburg, Virginia.
We offer a competitive salary (based on level of experience) and a generous benefits package, including medical insurance and 401k retirement savings program.
DOWNEY & SCOTT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.