Pre-Admission Screener Night/Weekend
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in providing pre-screening assessments and crisis counseling?
Therapists in our Emergency Services program hospital pre-screening, assessment, and crisis counseling for clients seeking services with BRBH.
The schedule is rotating evening shift. We offer competitive pay and shift differential!
1. Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
2. Experience: Experience working with adults with mental health, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders and developmental disabilities.
3. Knowledge: Must demonstrate on the application through education, training and/or experience considerable knowledge and skills in the therapeutic principles of human behavior, SMI, crisis intervention, client assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, record documentation, individual psychotherapy, coordination of services, and community resources.
4. Good Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
5. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free Licensure Supervision to work towards your LPC or LCSW
- Certification: Training and supervision provided free to obtain your Certified Prescreener (CP).
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.