Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Part Time
LPNs in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing and medical detoxification to individuals in a short-term residential and therapeutic environment.
The schedule for this position is Part Time - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM every other weekend and other shifts as needed.
Our nurses join multi-disciplinary team of professionals who have the ability to make an immediate and lasting impact in our community. We provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers. Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team of valued staff who enjoy challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive management.
The LPN works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of RNs, clinicians, therapists, residents, and physicians. Responsibilities include:
- obtaining vital signs and weight
- monitoring lab results
- administering PO (oral), Sub Q and IM medications
- obtaining and transcribing medication orders
- ensuring adequate supply of medications for clients
- providing information to clients regarding psychotropic medication side-effects, as well as general wellness topics of interest to clients
- facilitating group meetings with clients to discuss life skills, particularly relating to individual health and safety
- assist with admission and discharge of clients
- initiating or responding to phone contacts with clients, physicians, pharmacists, case managers and other providers, as appropriate, regarding medication needs, lab reports, side effects, etc.
- Documenting all pertinent nursing notes in the electronic health record.
Why work at BRBH?
- Shift Differential for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our community.
- Great co-workers: We provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers.
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
- Must have an active, unrestricted license as an LPN in the State of Virginia.
- Requires a minimum of one year of nursing experience.
- One year experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Electronic health record experience preferred.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.