Library DirectorAppomattox County
Appomattox County is accepting applications for the position of Library Director for the J. Robert Jamerson Memorial Library. The position requires a Master of Library Science degree issued or expected by an ALA-accredited library school as well as a minimum of two years of library experience with supervisory and budgetary duties and responsibilities.
The Library Director is the chief operating officer of the library with major administrative responsibility for implementing library board policy and recommending, designing, implementing, directing, supervising, and evaluating an active program of educational, cultural, and information services relevant to the Appomattox County community in accordance with the goals and objectives established by the library board.
Tasks Performed--Library Board of Trustees
• Implements and monitors policies approved by the library board.
• Formulates and recommends new policies and changes in existing policies to the library board.
• Meets with the library board to discuss and plan policy recommendations.
• Advises the library board on operational, fiscal, staffing, and facilities matters, keeping the library board informed on matters pertaining to the library.
• Prepares reports and collects data for submission to the library board.
• Establishes priorities and makes recommendations to the library board.
• Works closely with the library board to carry out its directives.
• Prepares agendas for library board meetings.
• Assists in the orientation and education of library board members.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the library board.
Appomattox County is an equal opportunity employer.